Wednesday 20 November 2013

Kose, Nivea and Za Cosmetics [Beauty Review]

Kose, Nivea and Za.
I'm both a lucky and unlucky girl. You see, I was born with great skin, but I have recently developed strange allergies. I will develop bumps, like large insect bites, on my face suddenly if I use the wrong product overnight, and boy, they are huge and red! Thus I do not use toners anymore, and I have to be extremely stringent with the choice of my sunscreens and facial washes (only gel, never foam).

So hopefully, if you have highly sensitive skin like mine, you will find these three products handy.



Kose Sekkisei Day Essence (SPF25/PA+)
I got this because my previous sunscreen was breaking me out and I wanted something that moisturised my skin in the morning with a little sun protection. I was also getting worried about the multitude of chemicals in sunscreens, which could potentially cause other flare ups. Thus, I settled for what I believe is a compromise between a moisturiser and some sun protection.

Honestly, I do not know how well this day essence can protect my skin from the sun, so I cannot comment on its efficacy. And there are also debates on whether sun screen is good for you in the first place (though I am inclined towards believing that a little goes a long way...)

Kose products always smell divine, and this is no exception. It also moisturises decently and acts as a pretty good make up base. Overall, I am pleased with it but I wouldn't use it on days I am staying out late.

Note: If I apply this day essence in the morning, I have to remove it no later than 10pm, or angry red spots will start forming... You may want to consider this too before purchasing this product.



Nivea's Aqua Sensation Invigorating Day Cream
I apply this over my day essence, and it's surprisingly light for its oddly blue-green creamy texture. Yes, I find it extremely odd. I was so convinced I would break out from the strange chemicals giving it that medicinal green look, and the heavy clogging creaminess...

But I didn't, and my skin actually felt better after applying this cream. In fact, it cleared up some of my spots. I suppose this cream moisturised it well thus calming some of my overactive sebum glands thanks to a harsh and drying face wash I was using. I'm nearly down to the bottom of the tub, and I give it a very hearty stamp of approval.



Za's Total Hydration Night Cream White
Za is one brand I truly trust. I started using it in my teenage years and it was always reliable. However, they discontinued a line I particularly liked and started this new range which I was unsure about until I tried it recently. It made me even more loyal to their brand, and I hope it will work for you too.

This is more gel than cream and has the faint scent of raspberries. It spreads on thinly and I feel almost lovely after applying a thin layer of it on my face. My skin feels plumper and looks smoother the whole night and the morning after. This gel-like cream fills in the little wrinkles under my eyes nicely too, so there is no need for an eye cream after that.

There are some benefits of this cream here listed below, but honestly who can tell if it is really that good for you? This cream doesn't break me out, smells good and does its job to moisturise.


From Everbluec

I love anything with the smell of raspberries- it's tart and it has this strange, deep and mellow fragrance. It makes me think of a lovely berry pink every time I smell it, and I feel quite calm after that. And I love to think that it will give me good dreams at night, when I wear it to sleep.

So, if you have normal skin like mine (not dry, and not oily either, just normal), and you are exceptionally fearful of breaking out from unknown chemicals, I think these are products for you.


Again, I must emphasise that price does not mean quality, and that Za is a brand that works very well for me. You may be pleasantly surprised by what this drugstore brand can do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment