Sunday 27 October 2013

Drinks for thought

A strange craving for the fruity taste of wine and the kick in the stomach made me seek out a nonalcoholic drink that I can enjoy at night, without the loosening of the nerves it inevitably brings. After all, it is still possible to get the most out of your night with some motivation and a invigorating drink.

Hong Cho
I stumbled on the Hongcho drink at a Korean restaurant. It is a burgundy fruit concentrate in a plastic bottle, being both sweet and fragrant with berries giving that revitalising tangy taste. It is not as sour as one would believe vinegar to be, but the sourness is barely noticeable, even refreshing, like the actual taste of fresh kiwi. 

Dilute with 2 parts of water to 1 part of vinegar for the best taste and drink from any receptacle, be it goblets to feel regal or with your mineral water for health benefits, the most popular being weight loss. For more information on Hongcho, you can find out here

Magnolia Yoghurt Smoothie (Strawberry)
The other drink I enjoy occasionally is the Magnolia Yoghurt Smoothie (Strawberry)- a bottle of sticky pink goodness with bits of chewy Nata de Coco. It feels so natural to clutch the red plastic hand in my left hand, and just tilt my head back with the bottle in my right with half closed eyes. I can feel the cold, smooth strawberry sweetness trickling down my throat and into my stomach abused by copious amounts of acidic caffeine to keep me awake for mundane things. Moreover, my stomach growls a lot less after drinking it- it's like a cool elixir that helps to calm my stomach if I had too much acidic food, thus reducing discomfort and easing digestion.

I believe many opinions are divided over the merits of low fat yoghurt. Nonetheless, I need my probiotics, and my sweet fix. If you have a sweet tooth like me, and do not find the strawberry taste medicinal, you may like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment